Monday, October 4, 2010

T.Party launches local line of fashionable t-shirts


T.Party shirts are statement shirts, printed simply in just text, with the occasional small graphic- so that they are easy to fit into your wardrobe and into your life. They don’t demand a particular style or feel- just however your personal style dictates to dress it up or dress it down. Some of you are divas, DJ’s, designers, stylists, shopaholics, and showstoppers- and each of you has a different personality and lifestyle- T.Party makes it easy for you to show that.

As I stood at the bar, gazing to the elevated DJ booth while sipping on my Vanilla Kiss martini, I felt a genuine connection to the words being said about the shirt that I was wearing. Admittedly, I was inside of a swanky sushi bar (my maiden visit to Blu Martini, by the way) wearing holy jeans and flip flops- generally not giving a shit about others’ judgment of my style as I so often do. However, from the waist up, my outfit was all class. The foundational piece, of course, was my T.Party tee; a special-edition, early release from the EDM series which (T.Party founder and designer) Kaitlin Elyse and I have been collaborating on. The text (grey letters against a black shirt, designed by Herron print making student Adam Wollenberg) read, “Dubstep is my drug of choice,” referring to my personally favorite sub-genre of electronic music. The ultra-thin fabric unobtrusively clung to my body and the length stretched down past my belt line. A conservative, yet showy, V neck begged for an accessory; I opted for a long necklace of black beads wrapped around my neck three times. I finished with curls from my hot rollers (one of this girl’s best friends) and a small black clutch.
They don’t demand a particular style or feel- just however your personal style dictates to dress it up or dress it down.

“Yes!” I thought to myself as Kaitlin gave the heartfelt introduction to her line of fashionable tee’s before an army of models began to walk the runway. Any other time, my modern bohemian style would have been too casual for a posh spot like Blu Martini. But T.Party allowed me to incorporate a new versatile garment into my wardrobe that enhances my existing collection of clothing. The adaptive nature of the shirt facilitates accessories and layers to achieve a look appropriate for any outing, while still showing off a girl’s best feature- her individuality.

T.Party shirts work the other way, too. Additional women privileged enough to wear the same design to the launch paired the shirt with fitted black leggings, two-inch heels, big hair, and glamorous jewelry- looking sophisticated enough to party at any of the trendiest clubs in the city.

As Sally Singer, editor-in-chief of The New York Times Style Magazine, said Thursday morning on NPR (ironically, the day of T.Party’s official launch) about the contemporary female consumer- “She's shopping a curatorial way. She's shopping by the piece, not by the look.” In the radio interview, Singer continued to hypothesize that rather than buying an entire new wardrobe every season, “People are buying things that they want to wear because those things will change their look enough to make them feel connected to their time.” It’s become clear to me that T.Party has made it’s official debut in Indianapolis just in time to assist fashionistas across the city in making that connection.

For more information, photos from the launch party, and to find out how to get your own stylish t-shirt from Kaitlin Elyse, visit T.Party on facebook.

Read an exclusive two-part interview with T.Party on the Fashion Wrap Up blog here and here.

 Amy Beers, Kaitlin Elyse and A.J. Jones 


 

1 comment: