Saturday, October 2, 2010

Free Art Wednesday

Art is a strange thing. It’s something that is dispensable to a lot of people yet for artists, creating is something we could never live without. I didn’t start creating things when I was younger because I had grandiose dreams of selling it to people. It’s just something inside of me that made me need to create things, for whatever reason or purpose. I don’t stop creating because people stop buying. In times good and in times bad, I’ve always given away art. - Nathan Monk

My friend and past collaborator Nathan Monk just recently commenced a weekly art give away. Basically, all he asks in exchange for you to own a piece of his creativity is... a piece of your own creativity. Simply comment on his blog with your title for the piece of art that he posts each week and wait to see whose he likes the most for the winner. 

Momma’s Got a Squeezebox (left)
Daddy Never Sleeps at Night (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment