Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Butterfly Tour Birthday Edition, Part One

My for-real birthday was on a Monday this year. Just as I had to last year... and the year before that... and the year before that... I had to take a final on my birthday. Never fails. Week-end. Week-day. It makes no difference. This year, it fell on Monday. After a day of work and a final exam for Financial Management 301, I met my boyfriend, a college buddy, and one of my best friends from mojoland at Chatham Tap on Mass Ave.

I ordered the salmon sandwich on black bean and salsa bread. The sandwich came with salad mix, gouda, avacado, and cilantro sauce. And a Sunking Cream Ale. I told my friends about my new job, we discussed music, and I think they even snuck in a little sports talk under my nose. I spent an extra 45 minutes at the table with my gentleman friend after the others left and then headed home.

Cards from my mom and aunt were waiting for me on the bookself by the door when I got home; the former had a check enclosed and the latter included a device that allows me to quickly instal a hook upon which to hang my purse from any table or bar. My roommate was in the kitchen finishing a sink of dishes. "Cookie and I didn't really get you anything for your birthday," he said as he clanked around a stack of plates. "But the fridge is clean, the trash is gone, recycling dropped off, dishes done, and garbage disposal is clean."

Since this post has been delayed for more than a week, I am also proud to report I scored a 77 on the final that day; I needed a 33 to pass the class.

Birthday celebration day one: success.

Up next: Butterfly Tour Birthday Edition, Part Two
Followed by: Linkbuilding at Slingshot SEO

No comments:

Post a Comment